About DC AAP
Mission, Vision & Core Values
Our mission is to promote the optimal health and development of children and adolescents of Washington, D.C. in partnership with their families and communities, and to support the pediatricians who care for them.
Our vision is that all children and adolescents in DC are healthy, both physically and mentally; have access to quality pediatric health services; and have strong advocates in their families, communities and government.
- Children are our most worthy investment and need our voice
- Healthy children grow up to become healthy adults
- All children are entitled to the same access to quality care to achieve optimal physical and mental health
- Pediatric providers, families, communities, advocacy organizations and government must work together to achieve optimal health and well-being for children in our city
- Quality care is essential to good child health outcomes, and thus requires fair investment and funding