Hello fellow pediatricians!
The Board of Directors of the District of Columbia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics is now accepting nominations for the Board.
- Have you been wondering how to get involved with the DC AAP?
- Do you have a vision for the practice of pediatrics in Washington, DC?
- Do you have creative ideas on how to help kids but don’t know how to get them started?
- Do you want to help advocate for the kids of DC?
- Or….do you know someone who may be interested?
If you answered yes to, or even thought about, any of these questions then you may want to consider nominating yourself or a friend for a position on the Board, the Nominating Committee or as a Committee Chair.
The Board of Directors consists of nine members: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and five At-Large members. In addition, the Board has established a Nominating Committee, which is an advisory committee to the Board.
This year we have the following positions open:
Five (5) voting positions on the Board of Directors:
- Three (3) At-Large Board Member Positions,
Five (5) non-voting Committee Chair Positions:
- One (1) Nominating Committee position AND
- Four (4) Committee Chair positions
All nominations should be submitted by March 20, 2015. Please send an email (to the addresses listed below) with the name of the person you are nominating, their contact information and the position of interest. You may nominate yourself. Once the nominations are received, the Nominating Committee will review them with the Board of Directors and determine the slate of eligible candidates. The official ballot will be sent out the third week of May with July 1st as the official start date for the new candidates. Descriptions of the roles of these positions are below, but if you have any additional questions about these positions please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you!