DC Park Rx
DC Park Rx is a Community Health Initiative of health providers, the DC Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, National Park Service, DC Departments of Health and Parks and Recreation, US Health and Human Services, National Environmental Education Foundation, George Washington University, National American Academy of Pediatrics, and National Recreation and Parks Association.
- New thinking on kids with ADHD: ‘Healthy lifestyle’ could be effective intervention
- Are You Nature-Deprived? Five ways to reap the mental and physical benefits of the great outdoors.
- Past DC AAP President, Dr. Robert Zarr’s DC Park Rx Featured in the Washington Post
- Prescribe NATURE to patients and families to encourage outside time in one of 350 green spaces/parks rated in Washington, DC
- Decrease impact of non-communicable chronic disease like obesity, asthma, and mental health disorders AND create the next generation of environmental stewards
- Evaluate the effectiveness of prescribing nature with regard to behavioral and attitudinal changes in both health providers and patients
- DC Park Rx
DC Park Finder is an online search tool that enables users to quickly find a nearby park using only a zip code. The Park Finder’s search results deliver the names and addresses of all DC parks located within a radius of up to 5 miles.
- DC Park Prescription Rating Tool
Feedback form for the accessibility, cleanliness, safety, and general condition of parks and their amenities.
- Printable Park Rating Tool
Printable paper format of above feedback form.