DC AAP has gathered information for our members and the DC families on COVID-19 resources. Members are invited to email email@example.com with questions about COVID-19. Below is DCAAP’s compilation of resource materials on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
- DC Health Coronavirus Resource Page
- Centers for Diseases Control & Prevention
- AAP Parents
- DC Health Link
- Free Meals for Patient Families
- Lactation Support Resources
- Emergency Child Care for DC Health Care Professionals
- DC Health Care Finance Telemedicine Guidance
- CMS Expanded Telehealth Benefits for Medicare Beneficiaries During COVID-19 Outbreak Fact Sheet and Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicaid State Plan Fee-for-Service Payments for Services Delivered Via Telehealth
- General Medicaid Telehealth Guidance
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Coverage and Benefits Related to COVID-19 Medicaid and CHIP
- Medicaid & CHIP COVID-19 FAQs – Updated 3.18.20
- COVID-19 Stakeholder Call Recording/Transcripts
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Partner Toolkit
- COVID-19 Elective Surgeries and Non-Essential Procedures Recommendations
- How Can Medicaid Enhance State Capacity to Respond to COVID-19?
Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA)
USDA Food & Nutrition Service
American Academy of Pediatrics
- COVID-19 Clinical Guidance Q&A
- AAP News coverage
- Red Book Online 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infections
- Preparedness Checklist for Pediatric Practices
- CDC updates guidance on PPE for health care personnel
- Critical Updates on COVID-19
- Fighting Racism and Discrimination in the Wake of Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Talking Points for Media Relations (AAP Member Log In Required)
- Responding to Coronavirus in Pediatric Practice- A Message from AAP President Dr. Sally Goza
- COVID-19 Pandemic – Clinical Guidance for Pediatric Practices recorded webinar by Dr. Ann-Christine Nyquist
- Talking to and Supporting Children During a Pandemic recorded webinar by Dr. David Schonfeld
- Disaster Management for the Pediatrician in the COVID-19 Response recorded webinar by Dr. Joelle N. Simpson
- Preserving Mental Health During the Global Coronavirus Pandemic, April 14 @ Noon, hosted by EGHI Global Health Forum
From California Chapter 1, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Talkshow: COVID-19 Overview & Update video by Dr. Dean Blumberg and Dr. Lena van der List
From the Palm Beach County Medical Society
- COVID-19: the Facts video by Dr. Larry Bush
From Anytime Pediatrics
- Pediatric Community Response to COVID-19 Using Virtual Care recorded webinar by Drs. Mobeen Rathore, Susan Sirota, and Mick Connors
- Pediatricians Lead Community Response to COVID-19 Using Virtual Care 2.0 recorded webinar by Drs. Mobeen Rathore, Susan Sirota, Barton Schmitt, and Mick Connors
Webinar: From Pediatric Management Institute – The Business Impact Of COVID-19 On Pediatric Practices
This recorded webinar by PMI’s Paulie Vanchiere and PCC’s Chip Hart discusses financial and operational issues Pediatric practices are facing as COVID-19 continues to evolve and provides tangible action items every Pediatric practice needs to consider over the coming days, weeks, and months.
Webinar: The Business Impact Of COVID-19 On Pediatric Practices – Part 2
Thursday March 26, 2020 – 7:00PM ET
Join PMI’s Paulie Vanchiere, PCC’s Chip Hart, and special guests who will focus on Human Resource issues as related to staff and providers, and follow up on key items discussed in the last webinar. Click here to register.
From HIPPO Education
Coronavirus CME Course Available Online
The FMA has teamed up with AKH, Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare to offer a new online CME course, Identification and Containment of the Coronavirus: COVID-19. This text-based course reviews the current data on emerging coronavirus, and highlights best practices for identification and management of patients exposed to coronavirus.
Does your office have an infection control/emergency preparedness plan?
All medical offices should have infection control and emergency preparedness plans. Review these recommendations from The Doctors Company on how to proceed if a patient with suspected COVID-19 seeks care in your office.
Webinar: Preparing for COVID-19 – Infection Control for Outpatient Settings
This on demand training from Layer Compliance™ by Caek covers the infection control policies and procedures that Infection Control Officers/Coordinators should review to minimize the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Register here.
What should private offices do now with febrile kids with a cough?
Dr. Mobeen Rathore, Wolfson Children’s Hospital’s Chief of Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, recommends considering several strategies:
1. Triage by phone at time of scheduling is most important
2. Ask patients to wait in their vehicle until time to be seen
4. Schedule sick visits in the afternoon or end of the day
Headspace is offering all US healthcare professionals, who work in public health settings, free access to their Headspace, Plus meditation platform through 2020. Click here to subscribe.
Parent & Caregiver Resources
- AAP Recommended Guidance
- Working & Learning From Home
- How to Prevent Illness from Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) by Dr. Brandon Chatani
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Parent Resources from HealthyChildren.org
- A guide to keeping your child safe and reassured as coronavirus spreads
- Help Children Understand Coronavirus: Tips from the President of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- COVID-19 Child Safety Tips
- Finding Ways to Keep Children Occupied During These Challenging Times
- Children’s National Coronavirus Hotline: For general questions about coronavirus, families can call 202-476-5169 to speak with staff from Children’s National between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you have questions about your child’s personal healthcare needs, please contact your child’s care team.