Join the AAP
Annual Chapter Dues
- Fellow, Associate, Associate, Candidate, Affiliate: $135
- Residents and Medical Students: $0
Dues are 100% tax-deductible!
Join the DC Chapter only.
Join the AAP
Join both the National AAP and the DC Chapter.
Why should I become a member of the District of Columbia Chapter?
The DC Chapter members:
- Positively influence the quality of pediatric practice and the welfare of children in DC through legislative advocacy
- Build local coalitions with other organizations working toward improving children’s health and well-being
- Promote the interests of District of Columbia pediatricians in the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Participate in city wide committees and councils as a voice for child health
Leadership & Networking
As a DC Chapter member, you can:
- Participate in chapter committees in areas of interest, including Adolescent Health; Advocacy; Breastfeeding; Fetus/Newborn; Immigrant Health; Lead Poisoning/Healthy Homes; School Health; and Young Physicians
- Take the lead in forming a new committee
- Network with other pediatricians with similar interests
- Increase chapter membership participation in national AAP affairs
- Provide input and recommendations to help shape National AAP policy
Your DC Chapter membership helps you to:
- Stay up to date with pediatric news in DC and participate for free in chapter educational dinners
- Attend the Children’s National Health Network CME events for free as a DC AAP Member
- Receive information and guidance to more optimally manage your practice
- Become eligible for Community Access to Child Health grants – available only to chapter members