The DC Collaborative for Mental Health in Pediatric Primary Care (the Collaborative) is a local public-private partnership dedicated to improving the integration of mental health in pediatric primary care for children in the District of Columbia.
The Collaborative supports PPCPs in screening for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, such as postpartum depression, during well-child visits in the first year postpartum, and has created a Perinatal Mental Health Toolkit to aid PPCPs in this important work. The toolkit includes:
- Summary of Mood and Anxiety Disorders During Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (English, Spanish and compendium of other translations)
- Screening & Referral Algorithm and Crisis Action Plan for the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale
- Key Clinical Considerations in the Perinatal Period
- Perinatal Mental Health Community Resources