Removing the Barriers: Providing Culturally Competent Care to LGBTQ Clients
Join us March 23rd for a provider seminar with CEU Credits!
Continuing Education Units for: Physicians, Nurses, and Social Workers
Join the Rodham Institute and our partners AmeriHealth Caritas DC and Whitman-Walker Health for an upcoming practitioner seminar:
This activity counts toward the LGBTQ cultural competency requirement for licensing in the District of Columbia.
Sign Up Today!
Date: Thursday, March 23, 2017
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Location: Providence Hospital Ross Auditorium
1150 Varnum Street NE, Washington, DC 20017
Dinner & free parking will be provided.
RSVP required – registration is open to the first 50 providers
Please call Shelley Thompson at (202) 408-2008 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name (as it should appear on CEU documentation)
- Contact phone number
- Whether you are requesting medicine, nursing, or social work CEUs.
By the end of the learning session, participants will be able to:
- Explain lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) definitions and concepts
- Describe health disparities in LGBTQ populations
- Identify ways to provide better care for LGBTQ people