The AAP Board of Directors is soliciting nominations to fill the following vacancies for member positions on AAP National Committees for terms beginning July 1, 2016:
- Committee on Adolescence (COA)
- Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect (COCAN)
- Committee on Child Health Financing (COCHF)
- Committee on Coding and Nomenclature (COCN)
- Committee on Drugs (COD)
- Committee on Federal Government Affairs (COFGA)
- Committee on Federal Government Affairs/ Access to Care Subcommittee
- Committee on Fetus and Newborn (COFN)
- Committee on Infectious Diseases (COID)
- Committee on Medical Liability and Risk Management (COMLRM)
- Committee on Membership (COM)
- Committee on Native American Child Health (CONACH)
- Committee on Nutrition (CON)
- Committee on Pediatric AIDS (COPA)
- Committee on Pediatric Emergency Medicine (COPEM)
- Committee on Pediatric Research (COPR)
- Committee on State Government Affairs (COSGA)
- Private Payer Advocacy Advisory Committee (PPAC)
Application materials (factsheet, biographical summary, and sample nomination/self-nomination forms) for these positions are available on the AAP Member Center, along with the statement of needs and requirements for each Committee vacancy.
Members of AAP National Committees are re-appointed every two years and may be re-appointed up to three times for a total of six years. Committee member appointments are made on the basis of knowledge, expertise, and the documented needs of the committee. Within this context, Academy membership demographics such as professional activity, gender, ethnicity, and geographical distribution will be considered, as well as chapter activity.
The deadline for nominations for 2016 positions is Friday February 19, 2016 (midnight CST). Nominees must submit a letter of nomination, a factsheet, and a biographical summary to their Chapter President and the AAP Offices by e-mail or fax 847/434-8000 (ATTN: 2016 AAP National Committee Chairperson Nominations).
All nomination materials must be submitted by February 19, 2016 (midnight CST). The AAP Board of Directors will meet in May 2016 to review nominations and make final appointments.
Thank you for your review and contribution to the nominations process of AAP National Committees for the 2016 term.
Please email any questions to email@example.com.