The AAP Board of Directors is soliciting nominations to fill the following AAP National Committee member positions for terms beginning July 1, 2015:
- Committee on Adolescence: 3 vacancies
- Committee on Bioethics: 1 vacancy
- Committee on Continuing Medical Education: 1 vacancy
- Committee on Development: 2 vacancies
- Committee on Drugs: 1 vacancy
- Committee on Federal Government Affairs: 1 vacancy
- Committee on Genetics: 2 vacancies
- Committee on Hospital Care: 2 vacancies
- Committee on Infectious Diseases: 3 vacancies
- Committee on Membership: 1 vacancy
- Committee on Native American Health: 2 vacancies
- Committee on Nutrition: 1 vacancy
- Committee on Pediatric Ambulatory Medicine: 3 vacancies
- Committee on Pediatric Emergency Medicine: 3 vacancies
- Committee on Substance Abuse: 2 vacancies
Application materials (factsheet, biographical summary and nomination/self-nomination forms) for these positions are available on http://www2.aap.org/moc/leader, in addition to statements of needs and requirements.
Committee members are appointed for a two-year term and may be re-appointed up to six years. Committee member appointments are made on the basis of knowledge, expertise, and the documented needs of the committee. Within this context, Academy membership demographics such as professional activity, gender, ethnicity, and geographical distribution will be considered, as well as chapter activity.
The deadline for nominations for 2015 positions is February 6, 2015 (midnight CST). Nominees must submit a letter of nomination, a fact sheet and a biographical summary to their Chapter President and the AAP Offices by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax 847/434-8000 (ATTN: 2015 AAP National Committee Member Nominations). All nomination materials must be submitted by February 6, 2015 (midnight, CST).
The AAP Board of Directors will meet May 15-16, 2015 to review nominations and make final appointments. Thank you for your review and contribution to the nominations process of AAP National Committees for the 2015 term. Please email any questions to email@example.com.