The AAP Board of Directors is soliciting nominations to fill the following vacancies for Chairperson positions for AAP National Committees for terms beginning July 1, 2016:
- Committee on Federal Government Affairs
- Committee on Federal Government Affairs/Access to Care Subcommittee
- Committee on Medical Liability and Risk Management
- Committee on Native American Child Health
- Committee on Pediatric AIDS
- Committee on Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Committee on Pediatric Research
- Committee on Practice and Ambulatory Medicine
- Committee on State Government Affairs
Application materials (factsheet, biographical summary and nomination/self-nomination forms) for these positions are available on the AAP Member Center, in addition to statements of needs and requirements.
Committee Chairpersons are appointed annually and may be re-appointed up to four years. Committee chairperson appointments are made on the basis of knowledge, expertise, and the documented needs of the committee. Within this context, Academy membership demographics such as professional activity, gender, ethnicity, and geographical distribution will be considered, as well as chapter activity.
The deadline for nominations for 2016 positions is Friday November 27, 2015 (midnight CST). Nominees must submit a letter of nomination, a factsheet and a biographical summary to their Chapter President and the AAP by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax 847/434-8000 (ATTN: 2016 AAP National Committee Chairperson Nominations).
All nomination materials must be submitted by November 27, 2015 (midnight CST). The AAP Board of Directors will meet in January 2016 to review nominations and make final appointments.
Thank you for your review and contribution to the nominations process of AAP National Committees for the 2016 term. Please email any questions to email@example.com.