Universal, annual mental health screening is recommended by AAP Bright Futures and is now required by DC Medicaid for participating EPSDT providers. Yet it is hard to integrate mental health screening into a busy practice workflow and even more challenging to address identified concerns.
We can help! We have designed a Quality Improvement MOC Learning Collaborative to Improve Mental Health Screening in Pediatric Practice. This 6-month Learning Collaborative is designed for both practices that have participated in our 2014 learning collaborative and for new practices. We will assist practices new to screening in beginning the process and we will continue supporting practices that have already begun screening.
- ABP and ABFM MOC QI project approval
- Up to 30 hours of CME credit
- Access to pediatric mental health resources, including an easy to use resource guide
- Access to Quality Improvement and Mental Health coaches who can provide on-site support (for DC practices)
- Free mental health screening resources (ASQ:SE starter kit & AAP Mental Health Toolkit) for each participating DC practice
- Access to mental health experts from Georgetown University, Children’s National Health System and government agencies.
For more details, please see our flier and/or call into one of our information sessions on Friday December 12th and Tuesday December 16th (12:15-1:00pm). For details about these information sessions or for questions, please contact Leandra Godoy (email@example.com) or Tamara John (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please feel free to share widely with your colleagues.