DC Pediatric Primary Care Providers,
Universal, annual mental health screening is now required by DC Medicaid for participating EPSDT providers and encouraged for all pediatric practices. Yet it is hard to integrate mental health screening into a busy practice workflow and even more challenging to address identified concerns.
We can help! We have designed a 6-month Quality Improvement MOC Learning Collaborative to Improve Mental Health Screening in Pediatric Practice.
Participation is FREE. Benefits of participation include:
- ABP and ABFM MOC QI project approval
- Up to 30 hours of CME credit
- Access to pediatric mental health resources, including an easy to use resource guide
- Access to Quality Improvement and Mental Health coaches who can provide on-site support (for DC practices)
- Free mental health screening resources (ASQ:SE starter kit & AAP Mental Health Toolkit) for each participating DC practice
- Access to mental health experts from Georgetown University, Children’s National Health System and government agencies.
For more details, please join our information session webinar on Wednesday January 7th (12:15-1:00pm). Project Kick-Off is Friday January 9th. For details or questions, please contact Leandra Godoy or Tamara John. Please feel free to share widely with your colleagues!
Lee Savio Beers
Immediate Past President, DC AAP
Project Director, DC Collaborative for Mental Health in Pediatric Primary Care
Community Affairs and the Child Health Advocacy Institute Children’s National Health System
2233 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 317
Washington, DC 20007